Monday, July 03, 2006

Quaker Garden SAL - First Day



I managed to get a good bit of stitching done today between working. I took this photo early afternoon, but I've done quite a bit more since then... I'll take a new photo tomorrow, but I wanted to show something for Day 1 of the SAL today. :-) I'll definitely be stitching on it again tomorrow, I'm really enjoying it.

The Andy Murray match was very disappointing at Wimbledon today. :-( The pressure must have got to him - he's only 19 after all. I hope he'll do better next year.

Italy play in The World Cup semi-final tomorrow. My fingers are crossed! It's anyones game really, though I suspect Germany are the favourites now. Italy haven't really been tested so far in the championships either... IF they were to beat Germany, then I don't see why they shouldn't win the whole thing. And just about everyone said they didn't stand a chance of getting anywhere at all at the start of the tournament... HA to them... ;-P

5 comments:

Anne S said...

That's a great start on the Quaker Garden - looks like it might be a relatively quick stitch :)

Nicki said...

That's a lovely start :) I'm so tempted to start too - just waiting for the fabric and I may have to join you all :)

Sasha Farina said...

great start! WTG :) Keep Stitching!

Mia said...

Tina, I love your progress on the Quaker sampler. Very pretty. It looks like a quick stitch with your great start.

We will be watching the game tomorrow at my sister in law's house. We are celebrating July 4th there and since my in-laws hail from Italy we will be rooting for the Italians.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely Tina :) The R&R linen is such a beautiful colour.