Sunday, August 03, 2008

The 1980s!

I'm sad to say that I still haven't been stitching! But just to check in with everyone and so that you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth... I was uploading some photos to Facebook and couldn't resist posting this one.


Of course I've seen this photo many times, but my jaw just hit the floor.... Look at that carpet! And the TV! (it only had 3 channels and NO REMOTE! horrors!) Oh look at that purple lampshade (well it does bring out the purple in the carpet... ) All that was missing was the red furry wallpaper (no kidding - I guess it was changed a few years before this photo was taken). Ah, don't you just love the 80s? In my defense, I did NOT pick any of these colour schemes or patterns... shame on my mother!

From L-R is my nonna, her brother (uncle Freddie), my brother, Anna (my mum's cousin), Anna's daughter Francesca, and me trying to squeeze into the photo on the far right there.


I hope that you're all having a lovely summer. :-)

7 comments:

Petra said...

See I would have said that was the late 70's but you know what...early 80's had a lot of the 70's carried over! Great photo, nice to have a photo like this for the memories alone!

stitcherw said...

Yup, the 70's and 80's both were kind of distinctive in their decorating. Fun photo, glad you're having a good and busy summer.
Sue

elenamac said...

wonderfulpic!! Full of memory!!
We've had a similar tv in the '80!!!LOL
love
ele

Stitchingranny said...

Don't laugh. When I got married (1969) we decorated our bedroom in shades of cream and brown - all the bedding was brown. Years late we laughed and could not imagine why we would have chosen such a drab colour for the bedroom. Today it is the height of fashion again. So be careful what you laugh at - in 10 years time you may be shopping for red flock wall paper and rich patterend carpets.

mainely stitching said...

Oh my gosh, I love it!!!! There's enough of a 70's influence there that I'd just feel right at home! :D

Jinger said...

I can still picture the green shag carpet we had in our house! Gotta love the 80's!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I saw the picture and imediately thought about the walls of my house in the end of the seventies. In Portugal it was very strong colours that were the fashion then. The living room was dark green, the girls bedroom bright orange (that must explain some misbehave of me and my sister), live green in the kitchen and turqoise in the bathroom. Nice combination, no?