Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Happy Dance & Mini Mandala Mystery 1

I finished Parts 1 & 2 of Mini Mandala Mystery 1. I even added the beads (which I normally leave until the very end). As there's just one more part left, and it fit's comfortably in my q-snaps, I thought what the heck... I can't see any pulling or damage happening to the beading when I do part 3.


If you're stitching this design yourself, you've probably noticed that mine looks a good bit different than it should. I had some BIG issues with the silk perle that you were supposed to backstitch the walls with. It was SO bulky and untidy looking (to me), so I ripped out the bit I'd stitched and used DMC 413 instead for the backstitching (I only used the perle for the gates) and I think, (?) IMHO, it looks much better. More delicate looking anyway. Unless of course I completely read the instructions on the chart wrong... Silk Perle for all that backstitching on the walls??? I dunno... I'm not sure, but it's done now, and I'm not frogging all that backstitching at this point, thank-you-very-much!

And a finish!! Where My Heart Blooms by Blackbird Designs (Loose Feathers #29).

Stitched with all the recommended thread on R&R Korty’s Special Blend linen. This was a SAL with Karen, Nicki & Sue. I loved stitching this and I loved our SAL. :-)

And finally, as he hasn't made an appearance on this blog for a while, I'll sign off with Snoops (looking more than a little ticked off by my disturbing his relax time!)

His Royal Snoopyness

13 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Beautiful stitching. And his Royal Snoopyness is indeed royal.

Karoline said...

WMHB is lovely, congratulations. Gorgeous photo of his Royal Snoopyness :)

Stitchingranny said...

Both pieces look fantastic, and I am all for changing things to suit you - its you that is going to have to live with it so you want it how you think it looks best.

Myrna said...

Both stitching pieces look lovely!

Veronica said...

Congratulations on your happy dance. I've been following your progress on this. It's lovely. And your Mandala is looking fine indeed.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing WMHB! It's stunning, can't wait to get to it myself. And the Mini Mandala looks great too - I may have to copy your change to the backstitching, I was scratching my head about it too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing WMHB, Tina - it looks fabulous! Great work on the Mini Mandala too :) I have to say Snoopy doesn't look too impressed with you ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the mandala was 'supposed' to look like, but yours looks superb - perle for backstitching sounds a bit peculiar to me too. WMHB looks fantastic too!

"his relax time"?? Do cats have anything else?? ROTFL

mainely stitching said...

Absolutely lovely stitching! And your Royal Snoopyness is pretty terrific, too!

SandraRee said...

Both pieces are outstanding, lovely work Concetta. :)

His Royal Snoopyness...lol only a cat lover could say that.

stitcherw said...

Mandela is looking lovely, and I think the backstitch looks great. Bloom looks wonderful as well, congratulations on your beautiful finish. Cute picture of Snoops, he looks very comfy in the sunbeam.
Sue

glamlawlib said...

Congrats on the WmHB finish, it looks great.

Love the colours in the Mini Mandala, v.twinkley with all the beads too.

Very regal kitty photo :)

Lavendelhaus said...

i like this mini mandala