Thursday, August 03, 2006

Petal Fairy Progress


I managed to give Petal Fairy some legs as promised! I'll give her some wings next. :-) No beading anywhere yet - I'll do that at the end, as I'm using Q-Snaps and don't want the beads to get crushed. Seeing Harsha's and others progress on this inspired me to pick it up again. I'm not going to start another Mirabilia until she's done, and as there are a few I'm dying to start, I'd better get her finished!

Thanks for all your nice compliments on the Village of Hawk Run Hollow. I've been following others WIPs on it and I'm amazed at how fast some stitchers are! Very inspiring!

Leslie, yes it's just the one strand of NPI I'm using on the 40-Count. :)

ETA: Michelle, the fabric for Petal Fairy is a Silkweaver Solo (Belfast). I think that Sugar Maple Fabrics' Northern Skies is quite similar to it. This is the SW Solo:

12 comments:

angioletto79 said...

fantastic!!!

Leah said...

She looks lovely! I was supposed to stitch this for my daughter, but it's been languishing in my to-start pile forever.

ps I'm stitching the Lanarte animals over 2 for my RR. I didn't want to be too cruel to my fellow RR participants. ;)

lena-lou said...

Wow, your Petal Fairy is looking so nice :-)

Mia said...

Petal Fairy is so beautiful. I love Mirabilia and have completed a couple and have many in my stash. Every time I see one, I want to start a new one. :)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

She looks so lovely. Congrats on your progress!

Michelle said...

She's beautiful! What fabric are you stitching this on?

Jean said...

Concetta, as stated by all she is "lovely to look at" a beauty!

Nicki said...

She looks great! I've just pulled mine out of the WIP pile too - I'll post a pic this weekend. Harsha is very inspiring isn't she? :)

cathymk said...

Petal fairy is looking just gorgeous! Congratulations.

I just got the happy news that Vicki Clayton has shiped the silks for Village. I really should finish something before starting it. Yours is looking marvelous!

Unknown said...

She looks gorgeous and the fabric you've stitched her on is absolutely beautiful too!

Christine S said...

This is the second Petal Fairy WIP I've seen posted this week...I think it's a conspiracy to get me to start her, lol! She looks beautiful.

Karen said...

She's beautiful!