Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Thee Wed Finish & a lot of Jane Austen

Well, I didn't hang around when I got my fabric for I Thee Wed... a little over a week later and it's finished.


I LOVED stitching this - I couldn't put it down. I used NPI and Lakeside Linen Vintage Pear Newcastle linen.

I'll always refer to this as my Jane Austen project - I lost count of how many Jane Austen adaptations I watched while stitching this! Though I had to laugh... I only recently started watching the TV series Spooks (a.k.a. MI-5) on DVD, and I lost count of how many of the cast from this have been in Jane Austen adaptations. Off the top of my head I'm remembering Matthew Macfadyen (Darcy in the most recent Pride & Prejudice); Rupert Penry-Jones (Wentworth in the most recent Persuasion); Peter Firth (Henry Tilney in the 1980s Northanger Abbey), Gemma Jones (Mrs. Dashwood in the 1995 Sense & Sensibility, and she was also Bridget's mum in Bridget Jones's Diary - which is also an Austen connection, right?!); and of course Anna Chancellor (Caroline Bingley in the wonderful 1995 Pride & Prejudice) - who is also apparently related to Jane Austen (eight-times great aunt). I remember a scene in the 5th (?) season of Spooks where Adam Carter (Rupert Penry-Jones) was seeing a psychiatrist and he had a Jane Austen book with him and said he likes to read Austen because she's a very 'good observer'. :D Then don't get me started on the Elizabeth Gaskell links to Spooks... only to mention that Richard Armitage (North & South) is joining the cast of the latest series!

I finally completed another month of my Heart in Hand "Monthly Mania". This one has been slow going! It took me ages to find this linen band years ago for this project, but it's 27-Count and oh my goodness the stitching is HUGE compared to what I'm used to these days (lots of 40-count projects).

I'll stick to it, though. Even if it DOES take me years to finish!

12 comments:

Karoline said...

The wedding sampler is lovely, congratulations

Christine S said...

Congrats on your finish!! It looks great and your other project is really cute, too!

Veronica said...

Congratulations on your finish. I Thee Wed is pretty!

Chelle said...

I love your I Thee Wed finish. It looks great! Don't give up on your Monthly Mania. I stitched it years ago, one design every month. It does take a year that way, but it's an easy year. :o)

mainely stitching said...

Wow, you did this FAST!! And I just love it - great job!! :D

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I love your "Jane Austin" Sampler. That is my idea of a fantastic week...stitching and Jane Austin movies!!

Paula said...

Your sampler is gorgeous.

Stitchingranny said...

I would love to work on 40 count etc. I do have to try 36 count for the back of my 3D house and I will see how i get on with that but I cannot imagine being able to see anything much beyone 32 count. I just love I Thee Wed, congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Margie said...

Beautiful finish!

TeresaB said...

First, your sampler turned out wonderfully. You really did go to work on it and get it done quickly. I'm envious.

Second, now I can't wait to start watching MI5! I have it on my list to get and watch because it looked interesting, now I know I'll see some familiar faces.

Michelle said...

I Thee Wed is stunning!

Michelle

Carla said...

Beautiful wedding sampler!!! I'm sure your friend will love it!!!