Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Quaker Meetinghouse Finish!



I didn't think I'd manage to finish this today, but it's been MISERABLE outside, so it was the perfect night to stay in and stitch. :) Karen and I have been doing this as a SAL. We had to put it away for a wee while after we ran out of the Tartan Plaid Crescent Colours, and only picked it up again yesterday. I couldn't put it down until I'd finished. What can I say, I loved stitching on it that much. :)

A few details: mine was stitched on Kiwi Illusions Tussock Belfast linen with all the suggested Crescent Colour threads. Halloween Fairy was also done completely in Crescent Colours and I have to say this is my favourite cotton floss now. It's absolutely wonderful to stitch with. It states you'll need 2 skeins of the Tartan Plaid for this design... I needed about 2.5, and I think if you're stitching it 2 over 2 on 28/30/32 Count you'll definitely need more than 2 skeins.

Thank you again Karen for the extra skein of Tartan Plaid thread. I can't wait to see yours!!

20 comments:

Lelia said...

Excellent! This is so charming. Luv it :D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful finish! That Tartan Plaid is such a lovely color.

Carol said...

What a nice finish!!!! Congratulations!

Mel in Dubai said...

A lovely finish, Tina :)

KarenV said...

It looks fabulous Tina! I started the last half-medallion last night and am planning to finish this up today :)

Whose initials did you use in the end?

Anonymous said...

Fantastic finish! Congratulations!

Sharon said...

Tina, it's beautiful! Congrats. I like your new avatar too. :)

Eclecticmk - Margie said...

Wonderful finish! I'm adding this to my wish list for sure.

Barb said...

That looks nice. Great finish.

bunnyhead said...

I LOVE that design! It's beautifully stitched. Congrats on your finish.

Michelle said...

Beautiful finish! Congrats! I love the design too - just gorgeous. Thanks for the tip on the thread usage too!

Jean said...

Molto piacevole, Molto piacevole,
I also like your NEW look!

Paula said...

It looks lovely Tina. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all your finishes! Ann.

elenamac said...

Tina รจ bellissimo!! Bravaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
ciaoo
ele

~Harsha~ said...

beautiful! Happy dancing for you!

Susimac said...

Lovely finish Tina - it looks really good.

Cathy said...

Congratulations! It looks great!

Eleni said...

Another congratulations Tina!! :-)

My weather is competing with yours ... it's raining again as I type!!! :-((

I love the new you ... getting in the mood for the holidays???

Cindy said...

Beautiful finish! You done a fantastic job on it!