Monday, August 14, 2006

Quaker Meetinghouse SAL Day 1

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, I always appreciate them very much. :-))

Aaargh Nicki, extra beads needed for Petal Fairy too?! She's a high maintenance fairy this one. ;-)

Just a quick post from me tonight with a photo from Day 1 of the Quaker Meetinghouse SAL that I'm doing with Karen. I didn't get much done, but it's a start. I love those Crescent Colours! Sorry about the wrinkles... I'm always too impatient to iron fabric before I start a project, but I've never had any problems after it's been in the Q-Snaps and then laced when it's being framed, so I don't worry too much about it.


12 comments:

Sue said...

You've actually got quite a bit done already! It looks very nice. This is a cute piece.

Sharon said...

Your off to a great start! I have that one in my stash too-may have to bump it up on the to done asap list-LOL

zoeandcooper said...

Great start! That is a very pretty blue. I can't wait to see more:)

Nicki said...

Great start! :)

I'm not positive about the beads but I'm sure I started with a new packet and there aren't enough now. Maybe I got a duff packet of beads? I don't remember spilling any!

Wendy said...

You're off to a great start - I'm looking forwards to seeing more!

KarenV said...

Looking good so far! We got about the same amount done, although I did more alphabet and you did more house, I think ;)

I had a bit of a crisis of confidence about my fabric choice, but the more I stitch on it, the happier I feel. I'll post a pic later if I can.

Eclecticmk - Margie said...

That is such a nice start to Quaker Meetinghouse! And it's such a cute piece. I might have to find it for my stash.

Michelle said...

Great start - what a cute piece! Even though I iron my fabric before starting, I still can't manage to get all the creases out!

KarenV said...

Re: Tartan Plaid - I *think* 2 skeins will be enough, since the original was done on 28ct. I do seem to be getting through it quite fast though.

If you need any more, just LMK - I already had 1 skein in my stash but I ordered 2 more in case of dye lot problems and there doesn't seem to be much difference in colour, so I'm happy to split the skein if we need it :)

Carol said...

Love that Quaker Meetinghouse - this will be fun to watch you do!

elenamac said...

very very nice starting!!!

Love
ele

tkdchick said...

LOL I'm always too impatient to iron either. Its going to get wrinkled while working on it... so why bother?