Sunday, April 30, 2006

Westwinds by Barrick Samplers


One last finish for April: Westwinds by Barrick Samplers. I stitched this 1 over 2 on some 36-Count Cream Edinburgh Linen I had in my stash. I used the Vikki Clayton conversions rather than the NPI silks. I love Vikki's silks, but I wasn't completely happy with the colours in this conversion. I had to change colours around here and there, and the main blue (Iceberg) should have been darker. Looking back, I wish I'd found a darker blue or used the original NPI (#745) for it. But not to worry, I'm VERY grateful to have the opportunity to use Vikki's silks, as they are sooo reasonably priced compared to the other silks out there.

Well, I'm off to see if I can get a bit of stitching in now. I started Atelier de Brodeuse by the French designer, Sylvie Tournier of Au Fil Des Reves today. My first time stitching on 40-Count linen and it's going great. :)

No comments: